Thursday, October 20, 2005

Smug in change.

It's alright, whatever it is.
Whatever it may appear to be.
It's magic. Real while it lasts.
The green, the chirp, the silence.
The noise, the jarring, the pain.

It's all okay. None the worse.
It's just there. For this time.
But it's not okay to cling to it.
Even after it's gone.
Even that clinging, is just there.
For that moment.

Why look for comfort
in familiarity.
Why look for comfort in
the unknown.
These are not questions.
These are answers.
These times that I'm not lonely
Just alone.

What is there to hold on to?
Why hold at all?
The fog vanishes , the sun glows.
The night blots out the light.
Do they all release each other,
or do they hold each other tight.

In a sequence that leaves
comfort in its wake.
The comfort that it'll pass.
The comfort that it'll come back.

Just like the
The sun, the chill, the clouds.
The breeze, the rain, the bad roads.

4 comments:

the Monk said...

nice one...very nice...first time here, will definitely come back...keep postin...

whitecarnation said...

Thanks Monk, Loonie.
Monk: That's a nice blog you got there :)
Loonie: Girl, you out of hibernation yet?

Wriju said...

True. Isn't everything ephemeral? Isn't it that we are just passing by?
I was and I stumbled upon your lovely blog. So I stood and stared at it a while.
Liked your blog very much :-)

Camphor said...

These times that I'm not lonely
Just alone.


Poignant lines. What I like the best is the way the poem floats with the flow, the ebb and the rise still only comforting the person in the poem. I like the accpetance of change: " It's alright, whatever it is."

BTW, I found your blog by running a search on people who liked saki... an accident, I clicked the link by mistake. :) I hope you don't mind if I blogroll you, I like your blog...